“Today, I have completed the religion of Islam for you and also completed my blessing of the Holy Qur’an and I have chosen Islam as your religion for you.” (Al-Quran)
Allah Almighty has created jinn and human beings only for His worship, and he has not fixed any particular time of life or any month of the year or any particular day of the week or night for worship. But at present, the majority of Muslims are oblivious to the worship of Allah Almighty and some Muslims have reserved special days for worship only in different months of the year and have included in it various acts of worship which are included in the religion of Qur’an and Sunnah. There is no proof from it, and the proof which is not found in the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of the Prophet is Bid’ah and every Bid’ah is misguidance.
Islam is a complete religion. Innovation in religion is one such thing that distorts the religion and adds to the religion that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) presented to the people. However, in the blessed life of the Prophet (peace be upon him), the religion of Islam was completed and there was no shortage of it. It has been proven within Islamic law that there are two basic conditions for accepting any form of worship.
1. That the worship is purely for Allah and guidance is from Allah, “so whoever desires to meet his Lord, he should do good deeds and not associate anyone in the worship of his Lord”. (Surah Al-Kahf: 2) From this verse, it is known that sincerity is necessary for every action and sincerity is the opposite of shirk.
2. That the worship is under the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever does a deed for the sake of good deeds and his deeds are not ordered, then that deed is rejected”. (Sahih Muslim Kitab Al-Aqziyah)
From the Qur’anic verse and the hadith of Sahih Bukhari, it is known that Rajab is one of the four sacred months. This month requires us to refrain from sedition, corruption, murder, oppression, and aggression that is prohibited. Many Muslims today are deeply involved in superstitions, polytheism, and heresy in honor of this sacred month.
Here briefly I shall try to discuss it one by one:
(1) This month has got its name because of respect for Rajab. Among the heretics, this month is known as Rajab al-Marjab, which is based on a subject tradition. (For the narration of this subject, see: Silsala Zaeefa: 3708)
(2) A message is circulating among the people that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever greets this month, the fire of Hell is forbidden to him.” A beautiful Description about this Hadith is hereby Shaykh Salih Al-Munajjid:
“We do not know of any source for the hadeeth mentioned, and it is fabricated. Hence it is not permissible to attribute it to the Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam, because that comes under the heading of telling lies against him, and telling lies against him is haraam and is a major sin.”
(3) Before the arrival of Rajab in general and at the rising of the moon especially this supplication “Allah bless you in Rajab and Sha’ban, and make us Ramadan” (O Allah, bless us in Rajab and Sha’ban and bring us to Ramadan) It is recited and spread while this dua is da’eef and da’eef cannot be used as an argument. (For Da’eef Hadith, see Da’eef Al-Jami ‘: 4395)
(4) Muslims perform various activities in this month of Rajab such as Salat-ul-Raghaib, arranging Nafili fasts, paying Zakat this month with the intention of reward Lighting, arranging meetings, and processions, setting off fireworks and other such superstitions all fall into the realm of innovation. All these prayers are bid’ah because there is no evidence for them in the Shari’ah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever does something in religion that is not part of religion is rejected.” (Hadith)
(5) One of the most famous innovations of 22 Rajab “COONDAY” at the name of Imam Jafar Sadiq. It is believed that with the help of Jafar Sadiq, every wish was fulfilled. Remember this is a vow of non-Allah which is haraam and shirk, the vow of worship, and it will be accepted only for Allah.
(6) In addition to all these deeds, many superstitions are also performed, such as giving alms by spirits, traveling to Ajmer, and setting up a fair at the shrine of Moin-ul-Din Chishti, prostration and circumambulation of graves, and laying of chador and flowers on them. Cooking dishes, wearing a Rajab ring with the intention of blessing and arranging certain types of blessings, etc. This is not acceptable in the eye of the Quran and Hadith.
(7) All the aforesaid deeds performed in this month are dead and invalid because they are neither in the holy decrees of Allah nor in the sacred teachings of the Messenger of Allah. This does not mean that we cannot offer supererogatory prayers in Rajab, or observe supererogatory fasts and that it is forbidden to perform ‘Umrah or worship and charity. Just as good deeds are performed in the second month, they can also be performed in this month. However, no worship can be performed in a specific style and by setting a date and time as the heretics do.
(8) Many people will show you different types of Hadeeth in the virtues of Rajab. Do not be deceived by them and keep in mind that Rajab is a sacred month and apart from this sacred, special prayers are offered in this month. All the Hadeeth of specific fasting, specific Dua, and congratulations are either weak or disgusting.
(9) One last important thing I would like to say is that since Rajab is a sacred month, we need to avoid polytheism, heresy, and all kinds of disobedience in this month. Allah has commanded that you should not oppress your souls during the sacred months and that oppression includes all kinds of disobedience along with polytheism and heresy.by