Everything that a person tries to find out about and discuss should have some benefits that he will reap from his research and efforts.
Though Islam blocks the way for deceivers, such as astrologers, fortunetellers, soothsayers and their like, who claim to have knowledge of future events. However, a man has always been in quest of knowing more about signs of hour. Islam relates to us, through revelation, a great about these future events, which are signs of the Hour.
Belief in the signs of the Hour strengthens and increases faith. When these signs occur, it confirms the truth of the religion that you are following.
The signs of the Hour are both major and minor. The difference between them is that the major signs will occur shortly before the Hour begins, which will have a great impact and will be felt by all people, while the minor signs may come some time before the Hour, occur in some places but not in others, and be felt by some people and not by others.
We will begin here with the minor signs. Minor signs also have two classes i.e. signs which have already occurred and signs which have to appeared yet.
1. Signs, Which Have Already Occurred
There are many such signs that have been appeared, some of them are enlisted here:
1. The sending of our Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)
2. The death of our Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him)
3. The splitting of the moon
4. Disappearance of the noble Companions (may Allah be pleased with them)
5. Conquest of Jerusalem
6. The emergence of the Khawaarij
7. Appearance of women who are clothed yet naked
8. Adultery being regarded as permissible9. Wishing for death
10. People not wanting to lead the prayer
2. Signs, Which Have To Be Appeared Yet
1. Great abundance of wealth among the people
2. The earth giving up its treasure
3. Rocks speaking and supporting the Muslims
4. Muslims fighting the Jews
5. Removal of the mountains from their places
6. Appearance of a man called al-Jahjaah
7. The Hour will not begin until Islam diminishes
8. The Qur’an will disappear from the Mus-hafs (copies of the Qur’an) and from people’s hearts
9. Destruction of the Ka‘bah at the hands of a man from Abyssinia
10. The appearance of the Mahdi and lot more…
The major signs of the Hour will come subsequently to one after another, like beads falling from a broken necklace; if the first of them appears, the appearance of the Mahdi, the others will subsequently follow.
Abu Hurayrah (May Allah Be Pleased With Him) narrated that the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) said, “Signs will appear, one after another, like one bead after another on a string.”
This does not mean that minor signs of the Hour will not appear between the major signs. For example, the Mahdi can appear afterwards some minor signs can appear, then the Dajjaal will appear, and so forth. Allah knows best. Following list is showing the major signs of hour:
1. Emergence of the Dajjaal
2. The descent of ‘Eesa (May Pease Be Upon Him)
3. The appearance of Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj
4. Three major landslides
5. The Smoke
6. The emergence of the Beast
7. Rising of the sun from its place of setting
8. A fire which will drive the people to their place of gathering
If you are more interested in this topic, “The End of The World” is a precedent of a book by “Darussalam Publishers” in which Dr. Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Rahman al-‘Areefi has described almost 150 signs of hours in detail under the light of Quran and Ahadith.
You can also read a blog on the book here.