Peace be upon you brothers & sisters in Islam. I am very excited to share with you all about the amazing series ‘Book of the Week’, launched by Darussalam.
For those of you who don’t know about this series, here is a brief overview:
Every week the readers & seekers of Truth select a book to learn from at Darussalam Facebook Page. After the selection of the book by them, we at Darussalam wear our research hat and shares:
ٰInteresting & Enlightening Facts about the Book.
Information about the Author of the Book.
Key Lessons from the Selected Book.
Completely Free, Full Chapter of the Book.
How’s that for a weekly series? Amazing Enough! Alhamdulillah.
This week’s book which our brothers & sisters selected is a book on one of the most important topic to understand in Islam, Tawheed.
The readers selected “Kitab At-Tawheed”, authored by one of a renowned reviver and reformer, Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahhab.
The Legacy of Kitab At-Tawheed
Subhan’Allah! The readers over at Darussalam selected one of the most influential books on the topic of Tauhid. This book has been written more than 200 years ago but still, it is relevant, useful & recommended for every student of Islam and the seeker of truth.
Kitab At-Tawheed, being one of the widely read works of Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab, is considered the best book on the subject of Islamic Monotheism. It has gone through several publications in huge quantity and been the means of clarity & enlightenment for millions of people around the globe.
Before going on to learn much more about this amazing book, in sha Allah, let us briefly acquaint ourselves with the personality of the author of this book, Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab.
About the Author:
Shaykh Muhammad bin ‘Abdul-Wahab was born in the city of Uyainah, just seventy kilometers northwest of Riyadh, capital of now Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1115 H. He was born in a highly educated family as his father was also one of the eminent scholars of his time. Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahab received his primary religious education from his learned father.
At the Tender age of ten, he completed his memorization of the Holy book & became a bright Hafiz-e-Quran.
He traveled a lot in quest of knowledge and worked against the prevalent idolatry and polytheism prevalent at that time in Muslims of Arabia, particularly of Najd.
In his work, he faced extreme opposition, threats & dangers from the idolaters but he kept on his mission, relying on Allah. After much effort, he concluded a deal with Ibn Saud to establish a country where shirk will be removed and Tauheed will be prevalent.
The religious affairs of this new county were to be given to Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab while the social, political and military affairs were to be given to Ibn Saud. This deal is still going on in the Kingdom of Saudia Arabia with religious authority belonging to the descendants of Shaykh’s family & other affairs to the family of Ibn Saud.
Shaykh died at the age of 89 in 1206 H (1792 CE) after dedicating his whole life for spreading the monotheistic message of Islam.
Kitab at-Tawheed by Darussalam Publishers
Let us now move towards the excerpts & lessons from the book of the week, Kitab At-Tawheed.
As all of you know, the book under discussion, Kitab-At Tauhid, is published by Darussalam Publishers. Keeping in mind the ease & comfort of the readers, Darussalam Publishers have done a great work in publishing this amazing book.
Below are some of the amazing features of the quality of Publication of Kitab At-Tawheed by Darussalam
- Colorful & High Quality: As always, Darussalam Publishers did what they are best known for, authentic and quality publications of Islamic Books. Therefore, this copy of Kitab At-Tawheed which is published by Darussalam is aesthetically pleasing to the reader with the use of beautiful & appropriate colors. All this being on the best quality paper of Darussalam Publishers makes the reading experience as great as it gets.
- Short & Comprehensive Chapters: One of the marks of scholars is that they deliver their point in few words only. Likewise, this work of Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab is divided into short and comprehensive chapters. Each chapter deals with a single point related to Tauhid in Islam and quotes related verses of the Holy Quran and Ahadith of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
- Arabic Text with Simple Translation: Talking about the verses of Holy Quran & Ahadith of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), it is a good feature of this book that all the original Arabic text is included with the simple and easy to understand translation so that every reader can read the original text as well.
- Important Points of Every Chapter: Not only the chapters are short & comprehensive, each chapter ends with listing all the important points discussed in the chapter. This makes it easy for the reader to remember & memorize the points discussed.
- Complete Life of Author: We have only shared the brief overview of the life and works of Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab in this article. But the book Kitab At-Tawheed published by Darussalam Publishers dedicates a complete chapter on the life & challenges of the Shaykh for the reader to learn in-depth about the life of this great scholar.
3 Lessons from Kitab At-Tawheed
Alhamdulillah, this book is such a wonderful work that it contains gems of lessons on the topic of Tawheed in Islam. We learned so much from the book and we truly hope that you will learn a lot from this book also.
Below are some of the many lessons which you can learn from the book:
1. The superiority of Tauhid: Unfortunately, those who are born into a Muslim family takes the belief of Tauhid for granted and are not aware of its merit & superiority. Believing in the oneness of Allah, the creator of the all, is an utmost blessing in and itself.
It is shared in chapter 2 of the book Kitab At-Tawheed that:
Itban narrated that the Prophet (PBUH) said:
“Indeed Allah has forbidden for Hell the person who testifies: ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah’, seeking thereby nothing but Allah’s Face (Pleasure). – Al-Bukhari and Muslim
2. Use of Amulets & Talisman: In most of the Muslim societies today, wearing amulets for the sake of protection from the evil eye and magic is prevalent due to the ignorance of many Muslims. Most of these amulets contain things other than the verses of Quran and yet many Muslims wear them with the false belief that it will protect them in danger.
Related: Talisman & Amulets in Islam – Q&A
We learn in the book Kitab At-Tawheed by Muhammad Bin Abdul Wahab that it is a grave sin, in fact, it is a sign of shirk. Yet we take it so lightly.
3. Sorcery: Unfortunately, this is another great evil which is spreading like cancer in our society, particularly in the countries like Pakistan, India & Bangladesh.
Kitab At-Tawheed talks about this evil in multiple chapters and relieves the reader from all the negative notions about evil magic, sorcery, and similar things.
Further, Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahhab also talks about the solution and cure of Magic in this book, Kitab At-Tawheed.
So in this article, we have learned a lot about the book Kitab At-Tawheed by Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab.
We have learned about his life, his deal with Muhammad Bin Saud, the details of his book Kitab At-Tawheed, the features & qualities of the publication of Kitab At-Tawheed by Darussalam Publishers and finally the three lessons (out of many) which we learned from the amazing book, Kitab At-Tawheed.
If you want to quench your thirst of knowledge and increase the knowledge on one of the most important topics in Islam, then go get yourself a copy of Kitab At-Tawheed online from the comfort of your home.
You can also receive a full chapter of this book, completely free. Simply share where you want us to send you the free chapter in a simple form below: