The Noble Quran is a gift from Allah to mankind without which we would have been lost in this world. Allah Almighty says in the Holy Quran:
ولقد يسرنا القرآن للذكر فهل من مدكر
And We have certainly made the Quran easy to remember. So is there anyone who will be mindful?
The Quran has been sent down for the ultimate guidance of humanity. Allah has made the meaning of the Noble Quran easy to understand so that it could serve as a guide to humans. He even challenged all the people of the world to prove it incomprehensible as it’s mentioned in the above Ayah.
Without any doubt, the duty of spreading the teachings of the Quran has a great degree to Allah. Therefore the Holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:
Allah also admires the people who recite, teach and learn the meaning of the Noble Quran as He says:
إِنَّ ٱلَّذِینَ یَتۡلُونَ كِتَـٰبَ ٱللَّهِ وَأَقَامُوا۟ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ وَأَنفَقُوا۟ مِمَّا رَزَقۡنَـٰهُمۡ سِرࣰّا وَعَلَانِیَةࣰ یَرۡجُونَ تِجَـٰرَةࣰ لَّن تَبُورَ
Surely those who recite the Book of Allah, establish prayer and donate from what We have provided for them—secretly and openly—˹can˺ hope for an exchange that will never fail
He also says:
الَّذِينَ آتَيْنَاهُمُ الْكِتَابَ يَتْلُونَهُ حَقَّ تِلَاوَتِهِ أُولَـٰئِكَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِهِ وَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِهِ فَأُولَـٰئِكَ هُمُ الْخَاسِرُونَ
Those We have given the Book follow it as it should be followed. It is they who ˹truly˺ believe in it. As for those who reject it, it is they who are the losers.
Seeking the knowledge and meaning of the Noble Quran is obligatory for all Muslims. The message of the Holy Quran is universal meaning it’s applicable for people of all ages, colors, races, and cultures.
Hence, there is a great need to spread the message of the Quran all over the world which is only possible through translations and comprehension of the words and message of the Quran.
Islam gives importance to the learning of the Quran as it is a complete code of conduct. Islam attaches great importance to knowledge, learning, and education as a whole. When the Quran was revealed, its first word was “اقرأ” (Iqra), which means to read.
The Noble Quran is a deep ocean of knowledge and learning that guides us till our last breath. That’s why the interpretation and meaning of the Noble Quran have been greatly stressed. The Holy Prophet ﷺ said:
وَقَدْ تَرَكْتُ فِيكُمْ ما لَنْ تَضِلُّوا بَعْدَهُ إنِ اعْتَصَمْتُمْ به، كِتَابُ اللهِ
And I have left in you that you will not go astray after it if you adhere to it: the book of Allah.
(صحيح مسلم: 1218)
The Noble Quran is revealed upon the Last Messenger Prophet Muhammad ﷺ for the betterment of the entire Ummah and is the key to paradise and salvation.
The Holy Quran is the words of Allah Almighty himself. We should learn the Holy Quran because it is our religious duty and serves a number of other benefits:
- The Holy Quran is a source of guidance for all mankind.
- Reading or learning the meaning of the Noble Quran will help you to find direction in your life and Allah Almighty has promised mankind that the effect of reading and understanding the Quran is to: “take mankind from the depths of darkness to light” (إبراهيم: 1) and “guides them to the ways of peace” (المائدة: 16)
- The Holy Quran will intercede on the Day of Judgment. Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “Read the Quran, for verily it will come on the Day of Standing as an intercessor for its companions.” (صحيح مسلم: 804)
- The Quran and its teachings are the key to success in this life and the hereafter.
- Within its pages, it contains the solutions to all problems.
- Reciting the Quran has a calming effect on the soul and is known to have a number of physical benefits.
If someone has ever thought about the purpose of his/her existence then just open the Holy Quran. The Quran can fill a void in your life that you may not have known even existed. Many verses of the Noble Quran speak about the origins of the existence of human beings and the creation of the Universe.
In the Holy Quran, Allah Almighty says:
“He created death and life to test you as to which of you is best in deed.” (الملك: 2)
We should learn about our religion Islam from the meaning of the Noble Quran as it is pure, and the unchanged message from Allah Almighty, nothing has been added, removed, nor changed from it, and nor will it ever be altered.
In the Holy Quran Allah Almighty says:
“And the word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in justice. None can alter His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.” (الأنعام: 115)
Recitation of the Quran itself is a beautiful and calming act and when done properly the reciter may feel he is engaging in direct conversation with Allah himself.
An example of which can be seen in the form of the way Prophet ﷺ read the Quran:
“And when He (Prophet) recited the verses which referred to the Glory of Allah, He glorified Him, the Great, and when He recited the verses that mention supplication, He supplicated, and when He recited the Verses that mention seeking Refuge of the Rabb He sought (His) refuge” (صحیح مسلم: 772).
Learn the Quran as its regular reciters will be led to Paradise.
If you want to be among the ones who are best in the eyes of Allah then teach the meaning of the Noble Quran to others and learn it too.
In hadith, our beloved Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said:
“The best of you are the ones who learn the Quran and teach it to others.” (صحیح البخاري: 5027)
When a Muslim recites the Quran, it affects the heart and purifies it by cleaning it of all spiritual impurities.
Allah Almighty says in the Quran:
“O mankind! There hath come to you an admonition from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts and for those who believe in Guidance and Mercy.” (يونس: 57)
This worldly life does not end at death. There is a life after death (hereafter) that will be forever. The Holy Quran will teach you about the hereafter and you can read all about the privileges and the beauty of paradise that Allah Almighty has promised for believers.
Allah Almighty says in the Holy Quran:
“And when a surah is revealed, some of them ask “Which of you did this increase him in Iman?”. As for the ones who believe, it increased them in Iman and they rejoiced.” (التوبة: 124)
The English language was highly deprived of this blessing for a long time. Although sufficient work has been done regarding its translation and interpretation, an accurate translation and interpretation of the meaning of the Noble Quran that was free from the bias of sect and in accordance with the salaf was missing.
It was difficult to find such an example, especially one that presented the interpretation in a very simple and pleasing manner so that people of all ages could benefit from it equally.
So, with the great blessings of Allah, Darussalam was able to fill this gap. By the grace of Allah, under the supervision of two senior scholars, Dr. Taqiuddin Al-Hilali and Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan, a very beautiful and brilliant interpretation was completed in the English language.
The responsibility to the ummah to help them understand the meaning of the Noble Quran and the message of Allah in the English language was fulfilled. May Allah help us all to act upon it.
The characteristics of this version are:
- This version of the Noble Quran will interpret some difficult words of the Quran from the Quran itself, from authentic hadith, or from the correct sayings of the Salaf.
- Translating the Quran into another language is possible only for a person who is fluent in both languages. The beauty of the interpreter of this version is that he is an expert in both languages, English and Arabic, for which reason he has translated the complex sentences of the Quran as accurately as possible.
- Each Verse has been put separately with its English interpretation.
- The Arabic text of the Noble Quran has been taken from Mushaf Al-Madinah An-Nabawiyyah, which has been printed by the Mujamma of King Fahd of Saudi Arabia for the printing of Al-Mushaf Ash-Sharif, in the year 1405 A.D., according to the instructions of the Vice-Chancellor of the Islamic University, instead of the old Arabic text of the previous print of this book which was printed in the United States and Turkey, by the Turkish Calligrapher Sheikh Hamid Al-Amadi.
- There are some additions and subtractions of Chapters and Ahadith from Sahih Al-Bukhari and other Ahadith collections.
- Some additions, corrections, and alterations have been made to improve the English interpretations of the meaning of the Quran to bring it as close as possible to its subsequent Arabic Text.
- Includes index of surahs, glossaries, and notes on related topics.
- Beautiful hard-bound cover with quality pages and printing.
This version of the Quran is perfect for English-speaking individuals that want to read the translations and summarized tafsir of the Quran. This version includes a number of additions like an index of surahs, the Prophets mentioned in the Quran, notes and explanations on a number of related topics like why Allah sent Prophets and Messengers, Tauhid (Islamic Monotheism), Shahadah – Confession of a Muslim, Ash Shirk and Al Kufr (Polytheism and Disbelief) An Nifaq (Hypocrisy and its various Manifestations) and a detail note on Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them) in The Bible and The Quran (Biblical evidence of Jesus being a servant of Allah and having no share in divinity).
Get your own copy of the Quran from Darussalam stores or online now.
Interested in similar books? Take a look at these suggestions.
- Study the Noble Quran Word for Word (1/3 Colors in English)
- The Noble Quran as a Cure (Shifaa)
- Etiquette with the Book of Allah (The Noble Quran)