What is a supplication or a quranic supplication? What is its importance? Supplications are requests a person submits to his Sustainer and Provider. Whenever a person is afflicted by trouble, he cries out: “Ya Allah, Ya Raheem! (O Allah! O Compassionate One!). Allah has ordained that His slaves should call Him and promised that He will answer their requests.
Supplication in itself is a great act of worship. According to a narration:
الدعاء هو العبادة
Supplication is an act of Worship
(سنن الترمذي: 2969)
And also Allah Almighty has urged us to make supplications in many verses of His dear book:
وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِی عَنِّی فَإِنِّی قَرِیبٌۖ أُجِیبُ دَعۡوَةَ ٱلدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِۖ فَلۡیَسۡتَجِیبُوا۟ لِی وَلۡیُؤۡمِنُوا۟ بِی لَعَلَّهُمۡ یَرۡشُدُونَ
When My servants ask you ˹O Prophet˺ about Me: I am truly near. I respond to one’s prayer when they call upon Me. So let them respond ˹with obedience˺ to Me and believe in Me, perhaps they will be guided ˹to the Right Way˺
Allah Almighty also says:
أَمَّن یُجِیبُ ٱلۡمُضۡطَرَّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ وَیَكۡشِفُ ٱلسُّوۤءَ وَیَجۡعَلُكُمۡ خُلَفَاۤءَ ٱلۡأَرۡضِۗ أَءِلَـٰهࣱ مَّعَ ٱللَّهِۚ قَلِیلࣰا مَّا تَذَكَّرُونَ
Or ˹ask them,˺ “Who responds to the distressed when they cry to Him, relieving ˹their˺ affliction, and ˹Who˺ makes you successors in the earth? Is it another god besides Allah? Yet you are hardly mindful!”
Imam Ibn Katheer – may God have mercy on him – said: The Almighty warns that He is the one who is called upon during adversity and is desired in times of calamity.
Supplications have two types in Islam:
- Dua al-Ibadah (Supplications of worship)
- Dua al-Mas’alah (Supplications of Asking)
The first type is all about the acts regarding the praise of Allah like Surah Fatiha, Ayat-ul-Kursi etc and the second one is all about the asking of the man before Allah for forgiveness, goodness, paradise, ease for this life and the hereafter etc. According to the etiquettes of Quranic Supplication and Islamic duas, every Muslim should memorize both kinds of Supplications and supplicate according to the Holy Sunnah.
Most of the people don’t know how to pray according to the Sunnah, which prayers are prohibited, which are authentic, which are related to a specific time, place and method etc. So, there is a need to guide the people in this regard. The supplications book “Golden Supplications for children” by Abdul Malik Mujahid will be helpful in all these aspects and it especially caters to children and young readers.
Supplication is the ultimate solution for human problems whether they be physical or spiritual. On the other hand if a man doesn’t pray to Allah, Allah become angry with him, as the Holy Prophet (PBUH) said:
مَن لم يسأَلِ اللهَ، يغضَبْ عليه
he who does not ask Allah, he gets angry with him.
Al-Mubarakfuri رحمه الله said: Because neglecting the question (before Allah) is arrogant and despised, and this is not permissible for a man.
And in the same way, the messenger of Allah said:
إن ربَّكم تبارك وتعالى حييٌّ كريمٌ، يستحيي من عبده إذا رفع يديه إليه أن يردهما صِفرًا
Your Lord is munificent and generous and is ashamed to turn away empty the hands of His servant when he raises them to Him
(أبو داود: 1488)
He (PBUH) also said:
مَن سره أن يستجيب اللهُ له عند الشدائد والكرب، فليُكثر الدُّعاء في الرخاء
“Whoever wishes that Allah would respond to him during hardship and grief, then let him supplicate plentifully when at ease.”
All these Quranic verses and Ahadith indicate that a Muslim must supplicate before Allah in every situation but as per the Sunnah.
So, were you previously aware of the importance of supplications? Are you now ready to memorize the supplications for yourself and your family and to learn their meanings and explanations? Then Darussalam will help you in this regard and will recommend Golden Supplications for Children for you and your family. It’s the perfect book on Quranic supplications and invocations.
This book will help children understand the meanings of the supplications along with their explanation. The nature of the book is to translate Arabic words and then to explain the supplication with some examples, i.e. examples of Seerah of the Prophet (PBUH) and Sahaba etc. The language of the book is extremely simple as it has primarily been aimed at children however it can be used by adults too that are looking for easy to memorize supplications that they can incorporate in their daily life.
This book of Quranic supplications for children is a marvellous piece of work by Abdul Malik Mujahid. He is a Pak-Saudi citizen, the author of dozens of Islamic books, the owner of Darussalam International, the chairman of Darussalam Educational System Pakistan and the president of Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadith Saudi Arabia.
He is well known in Pakistan for his speech, writing style, leadership and presidency.
A total of 90 supplications have been covered in this book, the entire list can be viewed from the table of contents below.
Table of Content
- Supplication on Waking Up
- Supplication while Entering Lavatory
- Supplication while exiting the lavatory
- Supplication before Performing Ablution
- Supplications after completing ablution
- Supplication upon Entering Home
- Supplication upon Exiting Home
- Supplication when Going to the mosque for Tahajjud and Fajr prayer
- Invocation for entering the mosque
*Refer to the end of the blog for the complete table of contents.
The book is perfect for families that want to teach their children Islamic duas for their well being. Since all the supplications included are related to daily life tasks, it makes the book extremely practical. Children can learn the supplications and implement them in their life right away.
Extract 01: Take a look at this supplication for the ease of troubles
Supplication for Ease of Troubles
اللَّهمَّ لا سَهلَ إلّا ما جَعَلتَه سَهلًا، وأنتَ تَجعَلُ الحَزْنَ إذا شِئتَ سَهلًا.
Allaahumma laa sahla illaa maa ja`altahu sahlan wa ‘Anta taj`alul-hazna ‘ithaa shi’ta sahlan.
O Allah, there is no ease other than what You make easy. If You please, You ease sorrow. (As Sahiha 2886)
In the Arabic language, the word
Refers to the hard and uneven part of the earth and the word
Refers to the soft and even parts of the earth. Here
Means troubles and
In this supplication, a person invokes Allah that nothing is difficult for Him. Allah and Allah alone can convert the troubles and hardships of His servants into comfort and ease.
O Allah! Save me from all hardships of this world and the Hereafter and bless me with ease and comfort.
Read Our Blog on 60 Golden Hadith for Children
As seen above all the supplications included contain their English translation and explanation. This step by step collection of supplications is the best way to learn.
Pick up a copy of “Golden Supplications for Children” for yourself and let us know your review in the comments below.
Interested in similar books? Take a look at some of the below suggestions.
*Complete table of Contents
- Supplication for leaving the mosque
- Supplications after the Call for prayer
- The First Supplication of Prayer
- Supplication during Ruku‘ (bowing in prayer)
- Supplications for rising from the Ruku‘
- Supplication during Sujood
- Supplications for sitting between two prostrations
- Invocation for At-Tashahhud (sitting in prayer)
- Salawaat (Asking Allah to bestow blessings upon the Prophet saw)
- Suggested Supplications after the final Tashahhud and before ending the prayer
- Supplications after the Completion of prayer
- Supplication after Fajr Prayer
- Surah Ikhlas
- Surah Al-Falaq
- Surah An-Naas
- Supplication for Istikhara (seeking Allah’s Counsel) Prayer
- Supplications for Mornings and Evenings
- Supplications for the Witr prayers
- What to say immediately following the Witr prayer
- Supplication for Ease of Troubles
- Supplication for Anguish
- Supplication Against the Fear of a Tyrant Ruler
- Supplication for Safety Against the Evil of People
- Invocations in Times of Worry and Grief
- The Funeral Prayer
- Invocations for the dead in the Funeral prayer
- The funeral prayer of a child and Supplications for it
- Invocations for a child in the Funeral prayer
- Condolence is an approved act
- Invocation for the bereaved
- Supplication to Get Rid of Debts
- Supplication for the Prostration of Recitation
- Supplication for the Helpless
- Invocations for Visiting the Sick
- What to say when you feel pain in your body
- Easy Remedy for all Ills
- Supplication when you see an ailing or disabled person
- Supplication to Visit the Graveyard
- Fighting Satan’s Machinations while Offering Prayer or Reciting Quran
- Supplication when it Rains
- Supplication upon Sighting the Moon
- Supplication for Fasting
- Supplication for Iftar
- Supplication on Lailatul Qadr
- Supplication Before Meal
- Supplication After Meal
- Supplication before drinking milk
- Supplication of the Guest for the Host
- Supplication upon Sneezing
- Supplication to Relieve Anger
- Supplication to compensate for the sins of a meeting (Kaffaratul-Majlis)
- Supplication for someone who does good to you
- Supplication for mounting any vehicle or an animal
- Supplication at the start of the journey
- Supplication for entering the marketplace
- The pilgrim’s announcement of his arrival for Hajj or `Umrah
- Supplications for Tawaaf
- Supplication between ar-Rukn al-Yamani and the Black Stone
- Supplications for Safa and Marwah
- Supplication for the Day of Arafah (Hajj)
- The supplications near Al Mash`arul Haram (Muzdalifa Mosque)
- Saying Allahu Akbar upon pelting thrones at Jamarat
- Supplication while slaughtering the animal
- Supplication to Shun Fear During Sleep
- The excellence of Remembrance and Glorification of Allah and saying La Ilaha Illallaah
- Supplications Before Bed-Time
- Supplication to Congratulate on Marriage
- Supplication on Wearing New Clothes
- Supplication Bearing the Ism al-Azam of Allah
- Supplication for Safety Against a Tyrant Ruler
- Supplications to Avoid the Evil Eye
- Remedy against Magic
- Treatment for the one under magic spells
- The Secret of Long Life
- Takbeeraat for the Days of ‘Eid
- How to offer Eid prayer?
- Supplications for the Rain Prayer
- Supplications to be Recited in the Eclipse Prayers
- How to offer the Eclipse Prayer?
- Miscellaneous Supplications
Read Our Blog Post Written on Stories of the Prophets (Children Set)